Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many are still building Starduster Aircraft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starduster History

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: How many are still building Starduster Aircraft Reply with quote

I am trying to revive this site, and plan on posting on a regular basis, so those that are still here and stop by once in a while, lets see if we can get some input an get some questions and answers going. Dave
Tim

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Still looking at two Stardusters in my hangar... Reply with quote

I'll post here more...thanks for keeping the flame burning Dave.
hdholsinger

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to start building this summer. I will participate in building discussions dealing with the Starduster Too with pleasure.
Tom Wilson

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
Well, I can't say that I'm building a Starduster, but I'm still working on one.

Most of my "work" lately is simply flying the airplane, but the condition inspection and occasional upgrades still require turning wrenches, and for sure the airplane is getting used.

Next project is to finally install post-cooler ducting on the oil cooler. I have plenty of air ducted to the cooler, but need an exit duct and moveable door to control the exit. Otherwise it's too cool in winter and definitely too hot in summer.
tw
Tim

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Hey Tom Reply with quote

Hey Tom, can you post some pics of your firewall systems and cockpit? I'm rebuilding those areas at the moment. I have DaveBs or I would be bugging him too!
Thanks...
Tom Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,
Give me a few days and let me see if I can recall how to resize and post images to this site.

You'll be able to use my firewall layout as a good template to avoid in many respects!
tw
Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Ok, thanks Reply with quote

Hate to say it but on the biplane forums it automatically resizes images, used to be limited what you can load and now I just choose the pic and not worry about resizing. When you open a photos with most simple viewing software you usually can save it in a smaller format, just remember to specify the format they accept, jpg.
Steve H

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I'm still "rebuilding"! Working on my son's RV-4 got me back out in the hangar where all the fun is. So When I get his RV finished, I'll get back to the wings on my SA100 and get them done!

This is the right top new wing I built. Also made repairs to other 3 wings and both ailerons. Ply leading edges are next.

I "rent" my wife's living room to work on the wings in an air conditioned/heated "shop". The rest of the plane is out in the hangar!

Haven't checked this site for a few weeks, nice to see the posts going again. I'll do better I promise!

Steve H
bmcj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ok, thanks Reply with quote

Tim wrote:
Hate to say it but on the biplane forums it automatically resizes images, used to be limited what you can load and now I just choose the pic and not worry about resizing.

Yep, that is but one of the differences between a 'for profit' vs 'for passion' website.

By the way... nice looking wings Steve!

Steve H

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce. I almost have to cover them. I really like all the symmetry in them. But they will look a lot better at 1,000 feet altitude with me right behind them!

I do have a set of Hatz ribs I made a looong time ago that I am going to put on Lowes 1x4s for spars and hang over the island in the kitchen for a suspended pot hangar thingie. My wife thought that would be pretty cool. Then I can study a wing while having having breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Steve H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: