Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdholsinger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Forum activity Reply with quote

Hey Gang, the last post I show on this site was 5 June 2016. Am I missing something or is it that there's just nothing going on?
Starduster History

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Site Acitivity Reply with quote

No you are not missing anything, hot much building or flying going on with Stardusters these days. We my son and I are planning on attending the N/W airshow and fly- in at Arlington Washington next week end with our Stardusters.

I think Mike and I are the only two guys on the airport that are still building airplanes. Most of those that are left are over on the Biplane Forum, as it has all of the amateur biplane builders Pitts Eagles Model 10 Chargers Skybolts Hatz Miniplane, and their are a few have or are interested in the Starduster. I am currently building the SA-100 single place Starduster. Dave
Steve H

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave H,

I've been moving back to the farm (Flying H...OK74) and don't have internet at the farm yet, so have not had access to the forum.

I ordered all the hardware for my bottom wings today. I am trying to get back in the swing of things for the plane. My daughter gave me money for Father's Day! Next will be the plywood for the leading edges. Planning ordering that after OSH.

The wife and I will be leaving for OSH Sunday, so that will be a fun time for us.

I've been spending a lot of time on the tractor trying to get my runway back in shape. A young fellow tore it up while bailing hay along the sides. He was not supposed to get on the runway, but every pass to cut, rake and bail he crossed it while it was soft and rutted it up really bad. He also used the brakes to make tight turns and drug the inside tire around corners. That really did a number on it!

I think my next project is a 36 inch diameter piece of pipe 10-12 feet long to make a roller for the runway. Don Adamson at Country Air Estates, Lonoke, AR, has one and he says it really rolls the runway smooth. That's where I bought the SA-100.

I'll try to do better at posting here.

Steve H
bmcj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late response, but I've been away a bit and unable to check in while "life got in the way".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: