Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Kelly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Ant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Bill Kelly Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am new to the group and have just purchased a set of plans to build a stolp starlet. Just wondering if anyone has Bill Kelly's email address.

Cheers,

Anhony. Very Happy
Starduster History

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Bill Kelley Reply with quote

Will send it in a pvt message. Dave
Steve H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

The Starduster/Acroduster folks have pretty much moved to the Biplane Forum. Not much here anymore.

There may be a Starlet Yahoo group that you could join.

Here's the Biplane Forum Site:

http://www.biplaneforum.com/

Steve H
bmcj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the discussions here. More like a family here and we are not inundated with ads, slow loading times, and subscription requests like they are there. I liked Biplane Forum when Beej started it, but the new owners have taken it in a direction that I don't care for.

Besides, this is a parasol, not a biplane. Wink

Steve H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce...I like this one too. I sign in here almost every day just to make sure the folks that maintain it know someone is still interested.
Glad to hear from someone!

I haven't worked on my Starduster SA-100 for almost a year...been temporarily woking on St Paul island, Alaska. Plan on being back in oklahoma after the first of the year and getting the plane flying.

Steve H
bmcj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working in Alaska... that must be an adventure! Are we going to see the big bush balloon tires on your Starduster? Laughing

Steve H

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be a hoot!
I've flown 2 planes from AK to Ok and would love to fly the duster up there but don't carry enough gas for the legs on the Alaskan highway and across AK. I'd be landing on the highway and trying to get a ride to the next town for some gas!
Ive flown super cubs with the tundra tires and skis up here. Every sand bar is a potential runway and every river/lake or meadow frozen or coverd in snow is the same.
Our home in AK is in the interior, 14 miles up the Takotna RIve north of McGrath. Wish I had a Cub but can't afford it. The duster is on our farm in OK. We try to split the year between homes.

We retired from the weather service up here but came back to fill in out here on St.Paul island for a bit.

Sorry for rambling...you probably didn't want to know how to make a clock...just what time it is.
Steve H
bmcj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
We retired from the weather service up here (Alaska)

What... weren't you paying attention at work? With a job at the weather service, you had to have noticed that it gets COLD in Alaska! Wink

What part of Oklahoma are you in? My grandfather lived in Ponca City and Tahlequah most of his life and he did most of his flying in that area too after he retired from the Army Air Corps in 1930. He actually started flying with the ASSC (Aviation Section of the Signal Corps) in Texas in 1917, but it changed it's name to the Army Air Service and then the Army Air Corps by the time he retired.

I apologize to Flying Ant for derailing his thread. Hopefully, he got Bill's email address. If not, say so and I will provide it.

Bruce Smile

Steve H

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...50 below at our place near McGrath! Out here on the Island not so bad aaround zero but with lots of wind...65 mph this morning! Good old Bering Sea stuff!

We are in the eastern OK/Henryetta area.

You are right, we shouldn't have hijacked this!

Steve H
Steve H

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's still a few of us floating around here! It would be a shame for this forum to disappear for lack of participation.

Guess when I get back to OK I'll have to get busy on the Duster and start posting progress!

Steve H
Steve H

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is almost always a new member shown every time I sign on so there is still interest, so that's good. I try to sign on every day if I can.

Think I'll start a new thread about who's still looking here.

Steve H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: