Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kitplanes article by our very own Tom Wilson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmcj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Kitplanes article by our very own Tom Wilson Reply with quote

Hi all,

I opened my new, just received Kitplanes magazine, only to see that the first photo on the first page showed a local (Fresno) friend of mine, Bob Brown, standing behind Tom Aberle's Phantom. Further perusal of the magazine found the same photo enlarged and used as the backdrop for pages 20 & 21.

I also spotted another photo showing another friend's Hyperbipe.

To top it all off, I looked at the article, which happened to be about the Mojave Airshow Fly-in, and was pleasantly surprised to see that the article was written by our very own Tom Wilson!!!

Nice job Tom (though a slight departure from your car magazine writing). Did you also take the photos?

I'm going back to my magazine now so that I can read the article, but I wanted to give this quick shout-out first.

Bruce Smile

Tom Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,
Nice of you to notice the by-line.

Yes, I took the photos. And I flew my Starduster to the Mojave Exp. Fly-In for the assignment. In fact, my 'duster flies 70% or more for business each year, so it's something of a business liner... from another era, but a biz liner none the less.

Just got back from flying the box kite to Camarillo, CA and Carson City, NV on other business. Took in the Reno air races while at Carson.

Above all, don't rent from Enterprise rent a car in Carson. They let my reservation go and didn't have any cars because I didn't show within one hour of my reservation time (impossible to do). They're just gouging during the race week. Luckily I had friends in the area who got me out of the lurch, but they had to drive 40 miles out of their way to do it.
tw
bmcj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'll keep that in mind. We usually rent from National off of their Emerald Aisle. It's generally easy and trouble free.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: