Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding Starduster 77BG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valkhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Finding Starduster 77BG Reply with quote

Hi Starduster forum!
I need a little help. I am assisting the family of the original builder of Starduster N77BG (1974 OSH Grand Champ) in trying to locate and possibly re-acquire the aircraft. The family would like this aircraft to come home. The registration for the aircraft expired in March, and letters sent to the present owner’s address as shown on the FAA record are returned marked that there is no such address. I am not able to find accurate contact information for this gentleman, and a Texas friend has been looking on our behalf too with no results. Does anybody on this forum know this plane and how to contact the owner? It is N77BG, registered to Mr. Jerry D Fletcher in Midland TX.
Thanks
Joe

Last edited by Valkhawk on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starduster History

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: N77BG Reply with quote

Starduster Too N77BG
Trying to find the owner of this Starduster ll. Any one around Midland know anything about it. This guy is trying to locate it. It used to belong to his Dad!

N77BG was an award winner and a notable aircraft. It was built by Bud Giffin and traveled back and forth across the country and spent some time in the NW the Seattle area. It was originally powered by an O-320 and later converted to a 540. The last address I have in my records is the same person. Jerry D Fletcher or a Barbra S HC 34 Box 200-11 Midland TX. This is no longer a good address!

A Jim Roberts formerly of Beal AFB in Northern Calif told me about this accident as he once owned the aircraft. Does anyone know him or his where about's today?

The air crash with the GRIFFIN TRANE INC. STARDUSTER TOO N77BG happened on 6/23/1984 at 1000 in OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, USA, causing Substantial damage to the Airplane. More details on the accident below:

a.. Date/Time: 6/23/1984 at 1000 Central Daylight Time
b.. Location: OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA, USA
c.. Aircraft: Airplane
d.. Make/Model: GRIFFIN TRANE INC. STARDUSTER TOO, N77BG
e.. Damage: Substantial
f.. Injuries: N/A
g.. Cause: ACFT TOUCHED DOWN HARD AFTER 4 UNSUCCESSFUL LANDING ATTEMPTS AT STROUD, OK. PLT ADDED FULL PWR AND RETURNED TO OKLAHOMA CITY SUSPECTING GEAR DAMAGE. VISUAL CHECK BY ANOTHER ACFT REVEALED NO APPARENT GEAR DAMAGE. UPON TOUCHDOWN AT EXPRESSWAY AIRPARK AIRCRAFT LEFT THE RUNWAY, STRUCK RUNWAY LIGHTS AND SUSTAINED SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGE. NO INJURIES REPORTED.

EXPRESSWAY AIRPARK
City Name: OKLAHOMA CITY

Owner's Name: JOHN A SABOLICH
Address: 3101 NE 63
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73121
Owner's Phone: 405-478-4116

The airplane may still be on this airport?

Also in my notes was a Chet Morton of SE Kansas that may have been and owner and a Michael A Allen 5229 NW 46th Oklahoma City OK73122 also owned the airplane at one time!

Does anyone know the where about's of any these people
Valkhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Dave. If nothing else, the Giffen family would like to know the fate of the aircraft. It would be nice if they knew it was in good hands somewhere.
Starduster History

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: N77BG Reply with quote

Joe I am going to post all of this on the Biplane forum along with pictures and see if anyone has some information. My feeling is that The airplane was never repaired and is still in Oklahoma someplace! Perhaps some one else acquired it and with the idea of fixing it and like many do not have the ability or expertise to do so and like many hope and wish that someday it will happen!

Not unusual as almost every airport has at least one person or several that has acquired and airplane in hopes it will someday fly again only to see it corrode into the ground or decay in a hanger year after year! Dave
Starduster History

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: N77BG Reply with quote

Joe The owner of this airplane N77BG just called me. He has been out of the country since 1993 and is not sure if he is going to fix and repair it from the ground loop, or sell it? It has been in storage for almost 20 yrs and is based at El Reno Oklahoma! RQO.

I think Joe's last name is Valk? He also owned a C-172 and is from the La Crosse WI area if any one knows him please let him or the Giffen family know that the airplane has been found. Dave
Valkhawk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: