Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil consummation of my 150 hp Lycoming AEIO-320-E1B engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Mechanicals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Xmas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Oil consummation of my 150 hp Lycoming AEIO-320-E1B engine Reply with quote

Hey gang; I could really use your help out there. I just bought a 1975 Decathlon a few weeks ago. I had it checked out by a knowledgeable mechanic and compression was good with all cylinders in the low to mid seventy. Engine was completely rebuilt about 800 hours ago. I have been doing pretty hard acrobatics (rolls, loops Cuban eights, hammerheads, inverted flight) since I bought it and noticed that I needed a quart of oil after only three hours? Looked under the belly and pretty sure it has been blown out. I looked over the former owner detailed engine logs and I can see he did very little Arco and in normal flight he added a quart of oil every 5 to 8 hours. Should I be concerned about this oil consummation you guys?
davet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Lycoming bulletin board out there somewhere that has many very experienced lycoming guru's posting regularly. If you can find the site, they will have good sound information on your problem.

Dave Tharp
Cardinal RG
Starduster Too (building)
wayne poindexter

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone out there got a set of rigging boards for a Starduster Too ? I just
bought the airplane and it is horribly out of rig. If anyone has a set already cut I'll be happy to buy them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Mechanicals All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: