Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acroduster II for sale?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BFALCON

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Acroduster II for sale? Reply with quote

Future plans with my business may require me to rearrange my priorities a bit so I thought I'd throw this out to see if there's any interest.

1985 Acroduster II, completely restored in 2003. 325 TTAF. 25 hours on factory new parallel valve Barrett 300hp IO-540-X and factory new 3-blade MT prop.

Can e-mail pics. You can e-mail me at bill(at)bracemasters.com, or l.falcon(at)charter.net for more details

Bill Falcon
ADII N37966
frank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
Sorry to see you thinking that way after all of your fine work and finally the 3 blade MT prop. Kevin is almost ready to get ours airborne again after engine rebuild, new MT prop, etc. I have forgotten, how much does your AD-II weigh with that 540 etc onboard?
Don Adamson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Acrodusters Reply with quote

Frank,
I thought you sold the Gold Duster?
frank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did have it listed 4-sale 2 years ago but took it off the block to solve an engine problem (turned out to be a miserable Lycoming factory rebuild!). Decided to keep it after a Penn Yann rebuild!
BFALCON

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

Empty we are at about 1200 with the 10# in the turtledeck to get the CG OK with me in the back seat. It's really a completely stupid amount of HP (in a good way). Stopped consuming oil at about 15 hours so I'm confident I broke it in well. Barrett wanted me to run it hard for 20 hrs or so, so that's what I did. In July, after about 2 hours on the engine, I hit a Red Tail Hawk at 4500 ft doing about 180. Put a nice hole in the lower left wing at the rear spar. Serious pucker factor and no OSH 2007. All is well though. Got it patched and silvered, need to paint this spring. Had a high oil temp problem for a while (oil cooler in nose bowl), but added some 3/4" spoiler tabs to the cowl outlet which made a huge difference. Apparently causes a significant increase in the suction at the firewall. Snow banks are still huge here after record snowfall this winter, so it will be a few weeks with any luck before I un-pickle it. I'll probably end up keeping the darn thing after all. Can't imagine parting with it. Time will tell

If you give me an e-maill address somehow, I'll send you some pics of the install. Also, didn't you have someone dynamically(sp?) balance your engine prop combo? If so, let me know who and where.
frank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
The dynamic prop balance was done by MT at their Deland facility. Kevin (Precision Air Services) now has a highly skilled dynamic balancer her at Panama City.

Address here is fr_ _ _go_ _ _ m (at) comcast (dot) n e t
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: