Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark Plug Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Mechanicals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use antiseize when installing spark plugs?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

aubrey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Spark Plug Installation Reply with quote

We have a debate going on in a boating forum that I participae in regarding using an antiseize compound on spark plugs when installing the plugs into an aluminum head. I understand that this is a normal practice on aircraft engines. Could someone shed some light on this subject.

I did do a Google search on the subject and came up with about an even plit for and against. What I would really like to find is a manufactuer of engines, antiseize, or spark plugs that recommend its use.

Any assist would be appreciated.

Tight Lines,
Aubrey
Nunya_152

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Spark Plug Installation Reply with quote

aubrey wrote:
We have a debate going on in a boating forum that I participae in regarding using an antiseize compound on spark plugs when installing the plugs into an aluminum head. I understand that this is a normal practice on aircraft engines. Could someone shed some light on this subject.

I did do a Google search on the subject and came up with about an even plit for and against. What I would really like to find is a manufactuer of engines, antiseize, or spark plugs that recommend its use.

Any assist would be appreciated.

Tight Lines,
Aubrey

Lycoming says to "use a copper-based anti-seize compound or engine oil on spark plug threads starting two full threads from the electrode, but DO NOT use a graphite -based compound".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Mechanicals All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: