Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

noob needs advise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Experimental and Homebuilt Aircraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyboy67109

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: noob needs advise Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

I'm just starting at looking at building my own airplane. But I'm getting overwhelmed with all the information out there; some accurate, most not. I'm looking for a low cost plan for an enclosed cockpit with tri landing gear. I have no welding experience except once at Copperstate flyin. I'd like to see what other's have done and see what some plans look like to see what I'm getting into. I live in Mesa, AZ near Falcon Field and can meet someone there to see some of your handy work. My main thing is I need to know where to start and get my eyes on what I'm getting into and if I have the skill set to do this.

Thanks
Joe Kidd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyboy,

Just noticed your post, good questions too. I'm in much the same position as you deeply involved in researching options. If you haven't already your best chance at getting to view plans and projects is often your local E.A.A. Chapter, here's your's...http://www.eaa228.org/. I hope they can help you, my local chapter closed and I lost that opputunity.
Smile
JK
flyboy67109

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, there is a strong push in the community of homebuilders to do kits or quickbuild kits. One reason I want to do it from a plan is money. But, now that I've got a new job with better pay, this isn't as much as issue. But, I still have a strong desire to build from plans. After some thought, I realized that when I was a kid and made models, I had more fun from the "kits" where you were given a slab of balsa wood and had to cut out the parts yourself. I want to do the same but on a bigger scale. I want to KNOW the aircraft I'm building. Smile Not just put one together to get flying as soon as I can. I think I may have found one with the CH-701. My end goal is to design an aircraft and build it. But, that goal is several airplanes away. Very Happy Anyway, thanks again and I'll keep you up one what I find out.
athrin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i saw your post recently and thought you might wana look into the migit mustang or the mustang 2 they seem to have great performance and lots and lots of speed that may be something you like Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Experimental and Homebuilt Aircraft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: