Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Availability of MGS epoxy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Experimental and Homebuilt Aircraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cozybuilder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Availability of MGS epoxy Reply with quote

Could someone from AS&S please post information regarding the situation with MGS epoxy. There are quite a few rumors floating on the cozy forums and newsgroups.

Specifically:

Will MGS be available soon?
What are the current hazard fees?
Is there a hazard fee regardless of the quantity ordered?
Please post for both the 285 version and 335.

I sincerely thank you for your valuable time and look forward to your response regarding this matter.

Jack Fairchild
sprucebb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: MGS Epoxy Reply with quote

MGS epoxy is still a hazardous substance and requires hazardous packaging, labels, documentation, and the associated fees. The 287 Slow hardener is the only exception. The formula change that was made to this product requires it to ship under a special class and requires extra special packaging for which ACS charges a $45 box fee to cover the additional cost of materials. All of these products are available and can ship UPS Ground to any of the 48 contiguous United States.
I hope that clarifies the situation.
Thank you
Tom Marracci
cozybuilder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: MGS Epoxy Reply with quote

sprucebb wrote:
All of these products are available and can ship UPS Ground to any of the 48 contiguous United States.
I hope that clarifies the situation.
Thank you
Tom Marracci

That's not what your inventory shows, nor is it what this states...

http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13034#post13034

Jack Fairchild
sprucebb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack,

I can't speak for the builders on Canard Zone, but I can tell you that Aircraft Spruce and other distributors of MGS epoxy have been out of stock for some time because we have not been able to get shipments from the supplier in Canada. The supplier has been in the process of getting packaging recertification from a Canadian agency in Ottawa and has been hoping to get approval for several weeks. As of December 11, they are still waiting but hope to receive approval shortly. As soon as they do, they will ship to Aircraft Spruce and other distributors. In the meantime, we have plenty of EZ-Poxy, Poly Polxy, and Alpha Poxy in stock. Our thanks to our composite builders for their patience during this shortage of MGS epoxy.

I'll post the same note to the Canard Zone so all Cozy builders will know the status of this product.

Thanks
Tom
cozybuilder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sprucebb wrote:
The supplier has been in the process of getting packaging recertification from a Canadian agency in Ottawa and has been hoping to get approval for several weeks... As of December 11, they are still waiting but hope to receive approval shortly. I'll post the same note to the Canard Zone so all Cozy builders will know the status of this product.

Thanks
Tom

This is precisely the information I was looking for.

Thank you,
Jack Fairchild
sprucebb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome, we are here to serve.

Tom
cozybuilder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sprucebb wrote:
You are welcome, we are here to serve.

Tom

Tom,

I saw you posted an update on the CanardZone forum. Since that is not the only Cozy/Canard forum it would be helpful to post updates here instead. I've already posted links to this thread on two forums, I'll post one on the cozy mailing list.

Thank you,
Jack Fairchild
sprucebb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks Jack.

Tom
sprucebb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: MGS UPDATE Reply with quote

We have been informed by the supplier of MGS epoxies that they have finally received their packaging recertification from the Canadian government and will be shipping product to Aircraft Spruce West and Aircraft Spruce East the week of January 8. We expect to once again have stock of MGS epoxies for our customers in mid-January.

Thanks for your patience during the time we have been unable to obtain product from the Canadian supplier.

Aircraft Spruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Experimental and Homebuilt Aircraft All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: