Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADS-B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starduster History

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: ADS-B Reply with quote

I just got a notice for this survey that Embry-Riddle is doing, and thought some of you might enjoy letting the FAA know what you think of ADS-B.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ADSB_2017

Not a very good survey. Several of the questions are "leading".
At least one had no good answer.And a couple could give you a problem if you own more than one aircraft.

It seemed to me to be designed for the surveyor to hear what he wanted to hear, and to be able to skew data if desired.

My opinion.

So what kind of ADS-B System would you pick as one unit in a box, if you were going to do so? Most of the biplane guys are not going to equip, but what happens if you are based in the 30 mile ring of class B airspace, and have no choice? Or want to fly into the class B airspace surrounding SFO?

I have been looking at the:

https://www.openflightsolutions.com/flightbox/

Not sure what else it would take to comply, the ADS-B system is much more complicated and complex than a transponder, and has to be coded properly in order to work properly?

Also what happens if you own two airplanes? All thoughts ideas and solutions are welcome. Dave
Dana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link you posted is for an ADS-B in system, not the ADS-B out that will be required in 2020. ADS-B out cannot be a portable system; it's coded to and must be permanently installed in a specific aircraft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: