Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOR SALE: unfinished Starduster Too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiobShared

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: FOR SALE: unfinished Starduster Too Reply with quote

Starduster Too (aka Starduster Two or Starduster II) ($20,000) WW II pilot’s long term hobby project, can’t finish at age 95. Painted white. Radial engine Cont. 670-23 overhauled, CS prop, new cylinder assemblies. Everything needed to complete including instruments, radio, electrical. tools, alternator, electric starter, hardware. The airframe was assembled and rigged before cover. Located in Southern New Hampshire near Nashua.
Direct questions to: HiobShared@gmail.com

Video and photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJZYegtxx3ILW50VXZROUlFMFU

• Licensed Mechanic inspection of assembled air frame before cover. All tubing internally oiled, no leaks. Aircraft "rigged" at this time.
• Full description of Radial engine overhaul, new cylinders and "run in" by mechanic in Florida.
• When I bought the "Kit" years ago from Starduster Corp., I ordered everything needed to complete the aircraft except rubber bungees, paint and covering supplies (cement, paint, primer etc.). I had originally planned to cover with glass cloth and ordered it but later changed to Ceconite. Nav. lights.
• During construction, I acquired everything necessary to complete the aircraft. There are about 30 photos of details of both air frame and engine. As Starduster made revisions in plans, I followed them.
• The Cont. 670-23 radial came from a Cessna, whose owner substituted a larger engine. There is a Ham-Std constant speed prop and governor. Also, a seal kit for the prop.
• The airframe primed and is covered with Ceconite, coated with sealant, UV absorbent and prime white. Standard fuel tank as well as center section tank.
• Had an opportunity to purchase a deceased aircraft mechanic’s stock of spare parts and hardware, extra instruments from flyable aircraft, radio, nav-com, EGTs, CHTs.
• Available: All wire and cable necessary to connect electrical system. Best battery I could buy—but now about 10 years old. Sheet aluminum, upholster leather for cockpit, polycarbonate for wind screen.
• Engine Cowl from Jacobs AT-17 Twin. Although it fits, it is awkward to open and if I were still working on the plane, I would most likely change it.
• The engine has a "swing mount", hinged on both sides so it can be swiveled as on the Cessna
• I am asking $20,000 for the airframe which includes just about everything needed to complete the project. For an additional $2,000 it would include all the tools (both power and hand) used to make the airframe. (brake, shear, roll, band saw, riveting equipment, air hammers, shrinkers & expanders, all kinds of rivets and fasteners, extra aircraft nut, bolts and hardware, gas welding equipment, arc wire welder.
• Buyer will be responsible for packing and shipment. Wings, Fuselage and engine are mounted on wheeled platforms for easy loading.
• Payment by bank check.
HiobShared

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: