Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damaged Starduster too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epistaxis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Damaged Starduster too Reply with quote

I`m looking at a ground looped Starduster too to rebuild, I would like to know if any one manufactures replacement spar blanks, and two should the flying wires be replaced do to the shock load placed on them during the ground loop? the owner stated that after the accident the wires all had tension on them and none were loose. I didn`t see any signs of deformation or gouges, etc.....Thanks for the help in advance
Starduster History

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Spars For the Starduster Too Reply with quote

You might try Michael Vega at Spruce, as he is the go to guy for this sort of thing. I believe they can sell you blanks planed to the correct thickness.

As for the flying wires, it has been my experience that they hold up very well during the stressful trauma of ground loops. I have worked on airplanes that have had entire chunks of the spar pulled out in sections with the wing fitting wire pull and wire still attached!

However it is good practice to inspect them very close as some damage could have occurred from previous incidents or from other sources? Dave

Michael Vega | Product Support
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
225 Airport Circle, Corona, CA 92880
(P) 951 372 9555 (ext 196) | (F) 951 372 0555
michaelvega@aircraftspruce.com
Epistaxis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: response to Starduster spars Reply with quote

Dave , Thanks much for the reply. I will contact Mr. Vega next week.
Thanks Again, Shawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: