Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co
The Pilots Portal to the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starduster Magazines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titusllewelyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Starduster Magazines Reply with quote

I used to own and fly a Starduster Too.

Along the way I subscribed to the Starduster Magazine.

I am now cleaning up an old storage area and have come across the paper copies of the Starduster magazines I received over the years.

(1) I see there are .PDF versions here on the Aircraft Spruce site. I have some that are not available here. So I was wondering if the person that placed these on the site would like to get copies of the ones I have to add to the collection?

(2) I don't think the magazines are worth much, but I hate to throw them away. If someone would pay for the packaging and shipping of the magazine, I can make arrangements to have them shipped to them. I now live in NW Louisiana.
Charles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the guy that scanned all of those magazines about ten years ago. I had to borrow magazines from the collections of other folks in order to get a complete set.

I don't remember now, but it does seem as if there were a few magazines that I never had. I would be glad to 'finish the job' if you would be so kind as to forward these to me.

Thanks & Blue Skies
Charles
Starduster History

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Starduster Magazines Reply with quote

Titus how are you and your wife doing my friend, haven't heard from you since back in the late 90s and at Copperstate when you lived in Arizona, don't know where your old Starduster went, are you still flying? Dave
titusllewelyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Starduster Magazines Reply with quote

Dave,

We is still alive. We moved back to my home in Louisiana in January of 1999. I had tried for years before that to get a hanger at our local airport with no luck. I had to sell my Starduster Too. I sold it to some folks from California that were working on a bi-plane of their own (I believe an a Christian Eagle II). They told me they were not going to take the engine and prop from my Starduster Too for their plane, but I suspect they did. They would have gotten a $12,000 constant speed prop and a 200 HP IO-360 engine with 500 hours on it easily. My Starduster Too shows to be de-commissioned, but I can find no accident report.

We each ended up getting jobs that paid about half what we were making in Phoenix, so it might have been best anyway. But, I sure miss flying.

In my time here I have built a 45' geodesic dome house and a 35' geodesic dome garage, completed a masters degree, and worked my tail off testing hardware and software changes to the B-52 bomber simulators on Barksdale AFB. I have over 3000 hours in the B-52 simulators and zero hours flying the real aircraft.

How about you?

Titus

Starduster History wrote:
Titus how are you and your wife doing my friend, haven't heard from you since back in the late 90s and at Copperstate when you lived in Arizona, don't know where your old Starduster went, are you still flying? Dave

titusllewelyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles,

Great to hear from you about the magazines. I appreciate your efforts to make them available to people.

I am busy cleaning out an old house on my property that I used for a construction office and storage for years. I am a bit under the gun to get everything out soon as it will be torn down in a few weeks.

I know I had gotten back issues from perhaps issue one and saw some dated in 1997 and 1998. I could be missing some. Just not sure and have limited time right now.

I would sure like to see them preserved. I got a lot out of reading them.

Maybe we can work something out.

Titus

Charles wrote:
I am the guy that scanned all of those magazines about ten years ago. I had to borrow magazines from the collections of other folks in order to get a complete set.

I don't remember now, but it does seem as if there were a few magazines that I never had. I would be glad to 'finish the job' if you would be so kind as to forward these to me.

Thanks & Blue Skies
Charles

Starduster History

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Stardusters Reply with quote

Titus, when you get a chance pvt message me with your E-Mail address phone number and best time to call. Dave
titusllewelyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Stardusters Reply with quote

OK! I did.

Starduster History wrote:
Titus, when you get a chance pvt message me with your E-Mail address phone number and best time to call. Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co Forum Index -> Starduster and Acroduster All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: